Number of Seats
|CS||Computer Science and Engineering||120|
|EC||Electronics and Communication Engineering||120|
|EE||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
Criteria of Eligibility for Admission
- Nationality: Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Age: Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on 31st December 2013.
- Academic Requirements: Pass in Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education of Kerala or an examination recognized equivalent thereto with at least Fifty percent marks in Mathematics separately and Fifty percent marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/equivalent subjects put together or equivalent grade. Rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is not permitted.
The candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or Examination as equivalent thereto, with 60% aggregate marks in Physics and Chemistry put together and 45% marks in Mathematics are also eligible for admission. (In case the candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered. In case the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology, the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered.)
For the SEBC candidates and PD candidates, 55% aggregate marks for the optional subjects put together is sufficient. They need only 40% marks in Mathematics.
The SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying examinations.
- Entrance Examination: Candidates should qualify in the Engineering Entrance Exam conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Exams, Govt. of Kerala.
The Managements are entitled to fill up 15% seats in the NRI category (NRI) by admitting qualified students who are dependents of Non Resident Indians. These students are exempted from qualifying in any Entrance Test and can be admitted based on their academic eligibility as stipulated by Mahatma Gandhi University.
For NRI admissions, contact Sr.Tincy Maria – 04828 305516 / 04828 251923
Fee to be paid at the time of admission
|Annual Tuition Fee||Rs. 75,000/-|
|Interest free refundable deposit||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|Caution deposit||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Fee for value added courses / training||Rs. 7,000/-|
|PTA and special fee||Rs. 3,000/-|
|University fee||Rs. 540/-|
|Admission fee||Rs. 150/-
Documents in original to be submitted at the time of admission
- SSLC Book / Equivalent Certificate
- XII Mark List
- XII Pass Certificate(CBSE/ICSE/Other boards)
- Admit Card of KEAM- 2013
- Mark Sheet of KEAM- 2013
- Transfer Certificate from institution last studied
- Course & Conduct Certificate from institution last studied
- Original Certificate from the Parish Priest to consider for Christian, Syro Malabar & Kanjirapally Diocese Merit
- Original certificate to prove reservation claims or marks relaxations claims, if any
- Migration certificate(CBSE/ICSE/etc)
- Eligibility Certificate from M.G. University, Kottayam (in case of plus two from other state board)
- Two recent passport size colour photographs
Amal Jyothi College Of Engineering
Koovappally P.O., Kanjirappally
Kottayam, Kerala India – 686518
Telephone +91 9496094661