6th INNOVATION IDEAS UNLEASHED CONTEST (I2U – 2012)
In order to foster a spirit of innovation and to promote creative R & D activities among our students, the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) of AJCE is conducting a contest for innovative project ideas. The contest is similar to the ones held in the past five years and is open to all AJCE students, including M.Tech and MCA students.
Students may form small project teams (comprising of 3 students and one faculty member as mentor) and submit their ideas in the form of a brief project proposal as per the format that may be downloaded from I2U-2012 link given below. Up to ten of the best project proposals, selected by a panel of judges, will be provided financial assistance from the college towards implementation, to the tune of Rs. 10,000 per project. Further, five of these projects which show the greatest potential will be supported by IEDC for further development to the tune of Rs. 1 Lakh per project, subject to approval from NSTEDB.
Please submit your completed proposals in the prescribed format to Mr. P. Radhakrishnan, Documentation Officer, Placement/IEDC office or Mr. Shiju George, Coordinator –I2U 2012, Assistant Professor, Information Technology Dept., or Mr. Sherin Sam Jose, Assistant Professor, Automobile Engineering Dept., on or before 15th February 2012. The projects selected for awards will be announced during early March 2012. Six months time will be provided for the complete implementation of the projects. All students are encouraged to actively participate in the contest.
Note: Please download the project proposal format from the link given below.
Rules & Regulations
- Each team should have a student leader and a staff mentor apart from up to 2 additional student members
- The team members may be drawn from different departments and semesters as many projects may require multi-disciplinary skills for successful implementation
- A panel of judges constituted by the college including the Dean of Research will evaluate the project proposals based on their innovativeness, thoroughness of presentation, engineering content, cost effectiveness, perceived impact of the end product etc., and recommend up to ten projects for the award
- The team leader along with the members under the guidance of the staff mentor will strive to successfully implement the project and demonstrate it before 15.9.2012
- Periodic progress reports will be submitted by the teams receiving funding support, on the status of their project, to the concerned HOD, through the staff mentor
- Funds for implementation will be released to the Mentor’s department. Proper accounts have to be maintained and submitted to the IEDC office
Completed proposals should reach
Mr. P. Radhakrishnan, Documentation Officer, Placement/IEDC office or
Prof. Shiju George (IT) or
Prof. Sherin Sam Jose (AuE) on or before 15.2.2012