To promote R&D activities of Amal Jyothi, IEDC of college is arranging a project funding scheme (TePP) in association with Technopark, Trivandrum and Govt. of India.
- Indian students having nascent creative ideas.
- Independent innovators exploring innovative ideas before applying for TPF.
Scope & Support
- TS is for micro budget innovations, to help convert ideas into demonstrable models.
- TS is also given as initial support to those aspiring to seek later, a larger grant under TePP Project Fund( TPF), after successful completion of TS project.
- Selected projects will be provided financial support as stipend to foray into unknown areas of Science & Technology.
- Support can also be used to explore new concepts through lab-scale demonstrations and computer simulations based on math models
- Maximum support under this category is Rs. 75,000/- subject to 90% of approved project cost.
- Initially, the proposals will be screened for completeness at the point of receipt, by the coordinators of TUCs (TePP Outreach centres).
- The proposals after initial Screening are evaluated by the Technology angels working with the TUC.
- Complete and evaluated proposals will be discussed in the TMC (TUC Monitoring Committee) and those recommended for support by TMC will be submitted to TSC (TePP Screening Committee).
- The innovator will be given an opportunity to make presentation to TMC.
- Finally sanction will be released to those that are approved by the department. The applicant has to sign “Terms & Conditions” prior to the actual release of grants-in-aid.
- The first release is based on assessment of need by TePP official and subsequent releases are based on assessment by project monitoring committee/ concerned TUC. Each of approved projects will be monitored by TUC/ other network partner by including technical expert(s). TUC will be periodically reporting project status to the TSC.
- Project completion/ closure will be reported to TSC for feedback and record.
- Pure software development projects and academic research projects are not eligible.
- The support is not an award or a prize. The financial support is provided for the work to be undertaken.
- Students will have to provide a `No Objection Certificate’ from the head of their institutions, on the institutions’ letter-head along with their application.
- Applicant has to be a single person. When a group of students want to pursue the project, then there has to be an agreement among the group about the lead applicant. Though financial support can be given only to the single applicant by name, letter of commendations can be given by the department to all the students of the team, after successful completion of the project.
For more details contact: SHERIN SAM JOSE