Developer Students Club
Developer Student Clubs (DSC) is a program presented by Google Developers. DSCs are university-based community groups for students. Students from all undergraduate or graduate programs with an interest in growing as a developer are welcome. By joining a DSC, students grow their knowledge in a peer-to-peer learning environment and build solutions for local businesses and their community.
DSC launched in 2017 as a pilot in India to help solve the challenges university graduates were facing securing employment in the tech industry. We aimed to provide students with the resources, opportunities and, experience necessary to be industry-ready, all while still pursuing their degrees. Since then, the program grew from Asia to Africa; Europe, parts of the Middle East and North America- DSCs are training thousands of student developers and working with their communities to solve real-life problems. Our community is present in 700 universities across the globe.
Developer students club AJCE chapter got initiated as a result of Mr. Alwin Dani Sam from Semester 4 Computer Science Department being selected by Google Developers to be the Lead for the community in January 2019. The immense support from the faculty coordinator Mr. Jayakrishna V along with Mr. Manoj T Joy, HoD CSE and the management we were able to set up the club. The formal inauguration of the club took place with a two day ML Study Jam. Since then DSC AJCE has conducted over 10 events ranging from hands-on sessions to codelabs, helping several final year and other projects on its course. We were delighted to bring in sessions about the latest technologies like Google Cloud Platform, Flutter and so on. DSC AJCE is proud to have inspired over 500 students in one or the other way through our events and talk sessions.
Being the technical partner for several programs organized by the Computer Science and other departments we were able to offer back to the college and the trust and blessing they have bestowed upon us. The community has grown folds by sharing and gaining knowledge as well as having much care for each one.Events Organized
- Intro to Flutter Development
- Two-day ML Study Jam
- Python Boot Camp
- Cloud Fest
- DSC HacktoberFest
- Developer Student Club Solutions Challenge
- Python Workshop
- Explore ML Beginner Session
- A Deep Insight
Reboot Hackathon – First Prize Zonal level Thrissur
Secured second prize for mobile app development challenge-Dot Hack
Reboot Hackathon – Second Prize Zonal Level Kollam
Mr. Jayakrishna V, Asst. Professor, CSE
Ms. Neethu C Sekhar, Asst. Professor, CSE
Mr. Alwin Dani Sam, S6 CSE – A
Mr. Ruben Abraham Shibu, S4 CSE – B
Earth and Gardening Club
Earth and Gardening Club was formed by a group of students and teachers of Computer Science & Engineering Department of Amal Jyothi College of Engineering Kanjirappally. The Club is organized and facilitated by students and is devoted to environmental awareness, education, and related action locally. The members have a wide range of interests - vegetables, flowers, trees and shrubs, houseplants, or just about any other garden topic you can think of! The club members are a down-to-earth, friendly group of gardeners and we welcome new members with open arms. Club members creates the art and craft of growing plants in the lawns of campus to create peaceful, calm and learning environment for everyone in the campus. The plants are grown with a aim of creating a beauty within the landscape.Coordinators
Ms. Fabeela Ali Rawther, AP in CSE
Ms. Neenu R, AP in CSE
Ms. Aleena Thomas S3 B.Tech
FOSS CLUB of AJCE partnered with ICFOSS from 2013 onwards and started conducting and participating in several FOSS related state level, national and international workshops, seminars and professional meets and symposiums. ICFOSS, provided us with grants for conducting workshops as part of spreading FOSS awareness among students as well as local society.
The vision of ICFOSS is to become a leading research organisation in Free and Open Source model of knowledge development thereby contributing towards sustainable development of society and to stimulate economic development in the region.Some benefits offered by FOSS tools are:
- Developers can modify the code and adapt it to their personal needs.
- FOSS tools have a lot of online support as many tools are developed by a community of developers over the Internet. Hence, the bug fixing is also very quick.
- FOSS tools are of high societal relevance because of their freeness and openness.
- FOSS tools provide a lot of scope for innovation as the source code is available for modification
- FOSS tools provide the necessary support for entrepreneurs who want to start off with less capital
Mr. Jayakrishna V, AP in CSE
Explore the magical world of Photography through your Artificial Lens.
Shutterbugs.club offers a unique photography experience through Exciting Workshops and Photography Tours.
We mentor and help photography-passionate people at all levels through our photography workshops and photography-oriented tours. Our programs focus on a wide range of photography-enthusiasts, be it someone who have just got a camera and figuring out with it or an experienced person looking for guidance for photography on new techniques and at new locations.
Founded by Passionate photographers at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Shutterbugs.club believes in untying the beauty of the world through your camera. Currently, our two intial startups for photographers are – Photography Workshops and Tours.
- Photography Workshops – Our basic photography workshops makes photographers to speed up their technical, artistic and social aspects of photography. Our advanced photography workshops highlights specific genres of photography – Macro,Wildlife, Studio photography and Digital Post Processing using Adobe LightRoom – and the focus is towards advanced amateur photographers who love to dig the advanced concepts and techniques.
- Photography Tours – We conduct photography tours to destinations across India Our tours targets to provide photographers with a roundtrip of the places we visit. The shutterbugs.club will guide the photographers on different techniques of architecture,wildlife,landscapes and travel photography. The overall experience of the tour is a door to our success and we ensure that the photographers have the time of their life during the trip.
Ms. Anju Joseph, AP in CSE