AMALJYOTHI INSTITUTE FOR CIVIL SERVICES
In this era of tough competitions in securing highly attractive careers in Officer Cadre /Executive grade, one has to put in serious efforts before appearing in concerned competitive exams/ recruitment tests. In this context AJICS (Amal Jyothi Institute for Civil Services) under the leadership of its Director, Mr. Abraham Kurien IPS (Rtd.) former DGP & Member of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Selection Board along with the assistance from experienced faculty in the field of competitive exams is proposing to conduct a focused and well-designed coaching program that is geared to the needs of engineering students.
Highlights of the program are listed;
- Selecting those examinations with higher weightage for subjects which offer the best advantage to graduates in Engineering/ MCA.
- Targeting careers in Central/ State Govt. departments that offer high pay, the best job security, liberal perks like housing, medical assistance for self and family, travel concessions and independent vehicle in most cases and authority with social status.
- Focusing on those recruitments held annually with vacancies growing in number with each passing year in administration/ departments like Income Tax, CBI, Defense, Banks, PSU and those with foreign training/ postings abroad in Embassies/ international Organizations.
- Subjects are mostly common to all examinations coming under the above categories such as Maths/ Quantitative Ability/ Engineering Skills along with standard topics like Current Affairs and English, Economy, Polity and Environment (intermediate standard).
- Classes in the evenings on two working days and on first and third Saturdays & Sundays.
- Two batches of 35-40 each in the first instance. More batches can be considered, if necessary.
- Course fee Rs. 7500/- per head. (Rs. 6500/- from student and Rs 1000/- subsidy by AJCE).
- Student fee of Rs. 6500/- will be collected as 1)Rs. 500/- student registration fee for joining 2)Rs. 3000/- during first week of November 2017 and 3)and the balance amount of Rs. 3000/- during February 2018.
- Duration of the course will be 6 months from November 2017 to May 2018 (December 2017 excluded).
ABRAHAM KURIEN IPS, DGP (RETIRED)
Born in 1945 at Kanjirapally and educated in the University of Madras, earned academic distinction early by topping the University both at the graduate and post graduate levels and securing direct appointment as Lecturer in the Humanities department of IIT, Madras.
On selection to the Civil Service in 1969, joined the IPS and was allotted to the UP Cadre. After serving the State of UP in various professional assignments such as ASP Aligarh, SP Benares, DIG Meerut, Additional Director General (Crime) UP, and Director UP Police Academy etc, retired as Director General of Police in October, 2005.
Postings outside the State of UP included 6 year term on deputation with the CBI, and three Public Sector companies such as 3 years as General Manager in the State Financial Corporation, six years as Executive Director, Indian telephone Industries, 2 years as Chairman and Managing Director, Housing Corporation. Academic assignments included selection as National Research Fellow with the National Police Academy, Hyderabad Professional honors received include the National Police Fellowship, the Indian Police Medal for Meritorious Services in 1990 and the Indian President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Services in 2000. After retirement from government service, handled assignments in administrative, educational and social areas such as Consultant to the Common Wealth Human Rights Initiative at Delhi and as Member in the Interview Board of the UPSC for interviewing IAS, IPS, IFS candidates and candidates for other Class 1 Services of the Central Government.
Further organized the setting up of the St. Thomas Academy for Research and Training at Calicut (‘ START’) in 2006 for providing early and intensive orientation for higher services, including the Civil Services, by personally designing a full time one year foundational course for plus two students. Served as Academic Director for six years in the course of which the Institute earned recognition of State and Central governments by virtue of outstanding success scored by its students hailing from backward areas of Malabar who despite handicaps of early school education managed to earn distinction in various academic courses and competitions at the national level. Students of the first batch who completed post graduation this year will take the Civil Services Examination, 2014.
Currently he is engaged as Director, Amal Jyothi Institute for Civil Services, Kanjirapally.