Ph.D Guides of Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally
|Sl No||Department||Name||Areas of Research|
|1||Chemical Engineering||Dr. David K Daniel||
|2||Civil Engineering||Dr. Mini Mathew||
|3||Dr.Bino I Koshy||
|Dr.Aju mathew George||
|4||Dr. Femy M Makkar||
|5||Dr. Sonu J K||
|6||Dr.Nimi Ann Vincent||
|7||Computer Science and Engineering||Dr.Juby Mathew||
|9||Dr. Jeba Sonia J|
|10||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Dr. Z.V Lakaparampil||
|12||Dr S.N Kumar||
|13||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Dr.JACOB PHILIP||
|14||Dr. Godwin Raj||
|15||Dr.Gee Varghese Titus||Signal and Image Processing|
|16||Food Technology||Dr.Anoop Raj J R||
|17||Dr.Yedhu Krishnan R||
|18||Dr.Swroop S Kumar||Protein Engineering, Microbial Technology, Molecular Dynamics and Nano biotechnology|
|19||Information Technology||Dr.Asha Joseph||Operating Systems, Security, Algorithms, Artificial and Computational Intelligence, Machine Learning and Operational Research.|
|20||Master of Computer Applications||Fr.Dr.Rubin Thottupurathu Jose||
|21||Dr.Lisa Mathew||Theoretical Computer Science|
|22||Dr.Juby Mathew||Data analytics, Soft Computing|
|23||Dr.Manju K Mathai||Software engineering|
|24||Dr.Bijimol T K||Natural Language Processing, Data Mining|
|25||Mechanical Engineering||Dr. K.Jessy||Machining, Composites|
|26||Dr.P.Ganesan||Thermal and Energy Science|
|27||Dr. Vishal John Mathai||Incremental Sheet Metal Forming, Additive Manufacturing|
|28||Dr Joby George||Industrial Engineering|
|29||Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||Dr. R John Felix Kumar||Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel cells Corrosion Engineering Materials for Energy devices|
|30||BASIC SCIENCES- Mathematics||Dr.Lisa Mathew||Graph theory|
|31||Dr.Deepa H Nair||Integral Transforms, Fractional Calculus, Distribution Spaces|
|32||Physics||Dr.Jacob philip||Applied Physics|
|33||Dr. Jaimon Yohannan||Microwave Electronics, Dielectric resonator antennas|
|34||Chemistry||Dr.Soney C George||Nanocomposites, Membranes, Supercapcitors, Tribology|
|35||Dr. Anand K||Polymer Science and Rubber Technology, Advanced- Functional Materials|
Regulations for the award of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy by the APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU) shall offer research programmes in various disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Architecture,Basic Sciences and Mathematics,Management and allied Inter-disciplinary areas leading to the award of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D). The eligibility, selection, registration, supervision, submission and evaluation of thesis, conduct of Viva-voce shall be regulated as follows:.
Categories of AdmissionThere shall be THREE categories of Ph.D admission as given below:
- Full time scholars of the University with or without fellowship
- Part time scholars who are faculty members of the University Departments or Affiliated College who will be admitted to pursue research towards Ph.D degree while working
- External part-time scholars who work in research organisations or R&D centres recognized by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University for the purpose of external registration.
Eligibility For admissionCandidates with the following qualifications are eligible for admission to Ph.D.
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology, Architecture or a Master’s degree by research in Engineering/Technology with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 are eligible for admission to the Ph.D program with the stipulation that admission to the Masters program should have been based on a valid GATE score.
- Masters degree in Basic Sciences or Mathematics with a minimum CGPA of 6.5.Such candidates should have qualified through national level examinations such as UGC-CSIR NET to be eligible for admission to Ph.D.
- For Ph.D in Management, candidates should have a Masters degree or equivalent PG Diploma in Management with a minimum CGPA of 6.0.They should, in addition, have a Bachelors degree with good academic record and should have qualified in national level examinations such as CAT/JMET/XAT/MAT/ATMA/GATE/UGC.
(a)Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology /Architecture or Masters degree in Basic Sciences/Mathematics or Masters degree/equivalent PG Diploma in Management together with a Bachelors degree and having THREE years of teaching experience in AICTE approved colleges or NBA accredited departments.
(b) Those with educational qualifications as in (a) above and having minimum THREE years’ experience in a reputed industry as assessed by the University
(c) Candidates who have fellowship/scholarship support from any Government Agency.