Master of Computer Applications (Accredited by NBA until 2025)
The Dept. of Computer Applications was established in 2009, and since then we have been empowering graduates in Engineering, Science and Commerce, to meet the challenges of the fast- growing sphere of technology. The major thrust of the programme is to provide students a sound background in computing, business functions and mathematics which are relevant to Information technology.
Along with an advanced learning experience, our faculty follows a policy of untiring efforts to bring the best out of students. The Dept, over the years has been able to produce outstanding students and we hope to produce more who come out with flying colours in both career and life.
CHOOSE MINORS IN EI, CC, BDA, CS, IMS or NTDH TO EXPLORE YOUR INTEREST ALONG WITH MCA @AJCE
Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EI)
Through courses and experiential programs, students learn how to apply their creativity to work in the development of products, technologies and organizations that create value in society.
Cloud Computing (CC)
Hands-on session on various cloud architecture like Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Google, Microsoft and Amazon Cloud experience will provide an opportunity to gain an understanding of these cutting edge technologies.
Big Data Analytics (BDA)
Understanding distributed, parallel, cloud computing and SQL concepts along with concepts of map-reduce and functional programming. Hadoop Distributed File System, analytics concepts, algorithms and statistical tests will earn you a minor in Big Data Analytics.
Cyber Security (CS)
Learn hands-on, real world penetration testing using Kali Linux tools to become an Offensive Security Professional. Kali Linux contains a large amount of penetration testing tools from various different niches of the security and forensics fields.
Infrastructure Management Services (IMS)
Learn all aspects of Infrastructure Management Services (IMS) such as Networking, Operating Systems, Virtualization and Data Centre technologies. Achieve entry level or the flagship certification from RedHat via AJCE RedHat Academy.
New Trends in Development & Hosting (NTDH)
Hands-on session on various types of development tools such as Android, React JS, Vue JS and the different methods to host the developed projects. By learning these cutting edge technologies students will learn to solve real-world practical problems and also will gain opportunities to join industries with real work experience.
Master of Computer Applications (Accredited by NBA until 2025)
MCA Admissions | Tel: + 91 8606309393 | + 91 8606309696 | + 91 8606301414 | + 91 8547888365
Vision & Mission | PEOs and POs
| COs and Mappings | OBE - Batch Schemes | OBE Program Analytics
||MCA (Passed any graduation degree) | Eligibility
||MCA Integrated (After 10+2 with Mathematics OR Statistics OR Accountancy) | Eligibility
Learn with Our Education Grants program
Complete your minors under Govt. of India Supported Amal Jyothi Startups Valley TBI, in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EI), Cloud Computing (CC), Big Data Analytics (BDA), Cyber Security (CS), Infrastructure Management Services (IMS), according to your interest along with MCA.
- The top most MCA College under APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
- Four Ranks were secured by DDMCA Students of 2015 - 2020 MGU Batch and Two Ranks by DDMCA Students of 2014-2019 MGU Batch
- Students will receive minimum $650 credit in cloud account for hands-on study under Education / Academic Grants Program like AWS, GCP and Linode
- Entrepreneurial Success Story
- Fedbytes technologies (http://www.fedbytes.com) By Mr. Amal K Jose (MCA 2016-18 LE) and Mr. Binumon Joseph (MCA 2013-16 Regular).
- TNS Security Centre (http://www.tnsav.com) By Liyo Paul (MCA 2016-18 LE).
- Ace Logic, Mobility and Innovations By Mr. Donis Abraham and Mr. Billan Jacob John (MCA 2020-22 Regular).
- Cutesys Technologies Pvt. Ltd. By MS. Jinurani Sebastian (MCA 2012-15 Regular).
- Eloit Innovations Pvt. Ltd. By Mr. Abin Thomas Mathew (MCA 2012-15 Regular).
- Visual Magic Media Solutions By Mr. Joffin Jose (MCA 2013-16 Regular).
- Autonomous Technologies By Mr. Bibin Abraham
- Along with the academic curriculum, students get an opportunity to do the International certification program RHCE in association with Red Hat India.
- Over 1500 students has certified Oracle Academy Certification courses in Database management and programming with SQL, Java Fundamentals and Programming with Alice 3 and Green foot.
- Incorporated in the Member Spotlight of Oracle Academy Newsletter for the first time in Asia in November 2016.
- Interaction with Techie experts where the students grab an opportunity to know about the current industrial standards.
- Internship Programmes to familiarize students with demanding schedules of industry and live experience and preparing them for the real world before they hit the ground running.
- The academic curriculum provides room for students to learn the most recent technologies like Android, GitHub, MongoDB and new programming frameworks like Angular, Laravel, Cake PHP, Java Spring, ReactJS and Flutter
- Incubation facility, a space for young generation to transform their innovative ideas innovative ideas into viable business propositions.
- Job-oriented certification courses like Python, Drupal, Raspberry Pi, Ruby on Rails etc given to students along with the curriculum.
- Infrastructure - The computing facility of the Department consists of a state-of-the-art network of computers with more than 300 nodes spread over 5 separate labs running with Linux Server & Windows servers.
- Industrial visits ensure that students gain practical insights to industry operations and helps them relate their educational experience to the outside world.
- Technotica - state level software project contest for BCA and B.Sc. Computer Science and IT final year students to bring their innovative ideas to reality.
- Social Outreach- Promotion of social projects such as computer awareness programmes, Digital India campaign etc. are organized to sensitize the society.
- Under the banner of AMACE (association of MCA), different clubs are formed for students where their talents can be expressed and to bring out their leadership skills including short film, music and dance, literary, language cafe.
- Talent Day, AMACE Radio and Department Digital Magazine ‘F5’ motivates the students to maintain and innovate their new ideas and thoughts.
- The department library is a well-established – fully computerized library with 1000+ volumes of books covering all major fields of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Walk-N-Talk - Deepens the relationship between teachers and students.
- Sports Day and Department Fests - great experience for the students to bring out their talents in sports and explore their extracurricular activities.
- Alternately, students yield new hands-on experience in the following areas:
- WHM, C panel, Plesk Panel, Google Cloud, Amazon Cloud, Server Security, SEO tools, Social Networks Advt. Management, AdWords, AdSense, Server Hardening, Serverless Architecture
National Conference on Emerging Computer Applications (NCECA)
The Department of Master of Computer Applications, Amal Jyothi College of Engineering in association with ACM Kottayam Professional Chapter, ISTE Kerala is organizing National Conference on Emerging Computer Applications (NCECA), one-day national conference from 2019 onward. The conference is organized as a general discussion forum for researchers, academicians, P G and U G scholars and experts in their respective areas. Accepted and presented papers will be published with DOI and will be indexed in GOOGLE SCHOLAR, subject to meeting the quality requirements.
Archives >> 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022