Since inception, EEA has become an integral part of the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department. It has been involved in organizing many activities ranging from conducting various technical symposiums, project exhibitions to seminars on latest technical advancements by exemplary personalities. The EEA has always been the gear and backbone of organizing ASTEROPE (the AJCE Electrical Dept. Technical festival). Being a student-faculty joined endeavour, always aims at the academic growth of the students thereby nurturing healthy and committed engineers in the society.
- Electrical & Electronics Association – ELEKTRONS was inaugurated on 07-Sept-12 by Mrs. R Gayathri Nair (Chief Engg.- Commercial & Tariff, KSEB, Trivandrum), who also delivered a lecture on ‘Energy Security and Environment’.
- Continuous Lecture Series (CLS)
An initiative to improve the knowledge of staff , EEE Association ELEKTRONS assigned the staff ,who attended a FDP, share what he learnt from the FDP, with other staff of the dept. The following talks were held as part of CLS
- Transformer oil breakdown Voltage Tests:- The first of CLS session commenced on 15th May 2012 given by Mr. Madhukumar P K,EEE Dept. The staff also asked questions thereby marking their active participation.
- ORCAD Software:- Mathew Joseph gave a talk on 17 May 2012 on ORCAD software, its applications, advantages etc in detail. Many of the staff were greatly impressed by his class and those who were knew to the software got a chance to understand the software.
- DC Injection Braking:- Ramesh P.D, EEE Dept gave a short talk on the topic” DC injection Braking “ on 19 May 2012.Faculty asked some relevant questions and made the session really interactive. The question answer session flooded with questions making the talk fruitful.
- Lecture on “Design of Transformers” To help students understand the working and design of transformers. On behalf of EEE Association ELEKTRONS, a guest lecture on Design of Transformers” was arranged at College Auditorium of Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally from 10 am to 12.45 pm on 28 September 2013 for second year, third year and fourth year students. Er. Reji John, Design Engineer, TELK give a detailed account of the use of transformers and its applications.
- Training Course on ―Electrical System Design by SIGMOS, Kochi :- The Electrical System Design course organized by ELEKTRONS for the final year students for two weeks(07 to 25 June 2013) helped students to know the core paper of bachelor course of Electrical Engineering in more depth. They got hands on training and workshop of E-CAD ,in addition to curriculum lab, and made themselves employable. A certificate was also issued to the participants
- Asterope– Remastering Paramounts… National Level Technical Fest Organized by Electrical and Electronics Department of Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kottayam. Two editions of the fest were conducted in 2012 and 2013 respectively embracing immensely interesting competitions bringing delight for not only just tech-enthusiasts, but for anyone and everyone visiting Techfest!!!!
- “Labha Prabha’14”targeting the domestic consumers… To support the innovative idea of LABHA PRABHA coined by KSEB, the Electrical & Electronics Association carried the mission and introduced the same in the AJCE campus to reduce energy consumption of both staff and students. Those who show reduction in their domestic bills for two consecutive months are offered attractive prizes…“SAVE ENERGY, INSPIRE GENERATIONS”
- “Entrepreneur or Employment”:- Mithun Mathew,Web Developer, Networking,Founder at FullForms delivered a talk at College Auditorium, Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally on 12 June 2014 To help student better understand themselves and decide on entrepreneurship or employment.
- “Speaking Skills”:- To let students know the importance of Speaking skills in day-to-day living ELEKTRON (EEE Association) conducted a talk on ―Speaking Skills by -Dr. V J Sebastian Narively on 12th June2014 for final year and third year students
- “Investments and Financial Markets”:- a talk on ―Investments and Financial Markets, in association with IEEE ,with the motive of developing an overall idea on the current Financial Markets was conducted on 20th June 2014 Mr Joshi John, Territory Manager, JRG Securities Ltd with an aim to help students know a different field other than electrical Engineering
- “Electrical Safety” :- On 20 th June 2014 ,Mr. R Sreeraj, Assistant Engineer KSEB gave a talk on electrical safety discussing simple precautions and safety measures to be employed in industry , college and day to day life when dealing with electrical surroundings.
- Inauguration of Association of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) – ELEKTRONS
- Talk on Digital Signal Processing(DSP):- EEE Association ELEKTRONS joining hands with ISTE AJCE Chapter organized a “Talk on Digital Signal Processing(DSP) “ for third year students on Feb 25th at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally. M.V.Rajesh, Principal, ISSAT, Muvattupuzha, Kerala, Hon. Secretary, IETE Kochi Centre; Chair, Educational Activities Board, discussed the fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing and enlightened students about advantages of the processing in this new digital world.
- “Entrepreneurship and robotics workshop” :- To help undergraduate students know ROBOTICS and impart them practical skills and promote entrepreneurship EEE Association initiated an outreach programme for the students of St. Mary’s School, Pathanapuram organized on 28/05/2015.
- Training Course on ―Electrical System Design by SIGMOS, Kochi :- The Electrical System Design course organized by ELEKTRONS for the final year students for two weeks(07 to 25 June 2015) helped students to know the core paper of bachelor course of Electrical Engineering in more depth.
- “How to crack civil services”:- With a view to help students get into the Civil Service Examinations Mr. Abraham Kurien ,IPS gave a talk on How to crack civil services on 09 June 2015 at Alphonsa Hall.
- Induction Training Program:- To encourage student leadership and help students become a “ Perfect Engineer” , Induction Training programmes were organized from 6th to 11th July 2015 by Dept. of EEE and EEE Association ELEKTRONS which included talks on different fields life like Yoga, Health Sector, Insurance, Finance , Engineering….
- “Know IEEE”:- ” On 21 July 2015 EEE Association , ELEKTRONS and Dept of ECE with IEEE SB Chapter AJCE arranged an induction programme at College Auditorium of Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally from 10 am to 12.30 pm for S3 & S5 ECE & EEE students
President: Mr. Sherin Thomas
Vice-president: Ms. Aparna Shaji
Secretary : Mr. Basil Mammen Shaji
Joint Secretary: Ms. Betty George
Treasurer: Ms. Nirosha Udayappan
Editor: Mr. Ujwel Tom
Mr. Joyal Raju (S8)
Ms. Albino (S6)
Mr. Akhil Sony(S4)
Mr. Jebi Thomas Jacob