New Member Guide
- Membership is automatically conferred to all the faculty members, research scholars or a student on his / her joining the College and remains valid for his full tenure.
- All students are eligible to check out materials for home use, or for use in the library.
- To borrow books from the library you have to activate your membership in the library circulation counter
Loan Periods/ Account Limits
Category of members, period of loan and number of books are as follows
|Category||Number of Books||Period of Time|
|B.Tech Students||3||15 Days|
|PG Students||5||20 Days|
|Teaching Staff||6||6 Months|
|Technical Staff||3||3 Months|
|Administrative Staff||2||20 Days|
|Library Best User||6||One semester|
- You should take the book you wish to borrow to the Issue Desk. The book will be issued to you and the date it is due for return will be stamped on the date slip inside.
- Enter the details of the book in the register kept in the counter.
- Books in loan section are issued as per rules.
- An overdue notice is sent via e-mail when an item is not returned.
- Fines will accumulate each day including Holidays until the item is returned to the library
- An overdue charge of Rs.3/- per day for first five days and thereafter Rs 5/- per day will be charged if the book is not returned.
- Most library books, unless reserved for another patron, may be renewed for 2 additional loan periods.
- For renewal a user has to bring books to the Circulation Counter and renew the borrowed books in his/her library account
The library has the right to recall a book if the same is required by another user.
Borrowed got lostIf a user loses a borrowed library book, then he/she has to make an application immediately to the in – charge of Circulation Section to get relief from paying the delay fine from the date of application (max. time allowed is 15 days) and to take the following actions whichever is permissible as per library rules: a) Replace the lost book by a new book as per the library regulation; or b) Pay the double price of the lost book.
Clearance of dues from the library
No dues / clearance certificate is issued provided that all the outstanding dues in respect of borrowed book(s) and delay fine, if any, are cleared.