“One Best Book Is equal to hundred good friends but one good friend is equal to a library.” -Dr. A.P.J Abdul kalam
The Metallurgical & Materials Engineering Department Library offers a varied collection of educational aids in the field of Metallurgical Engineering. It offers a very generous study environment, and access to all of its collections for those who are interested in it.
The students have to abide by the following rules:
- The Library will be functioning on all working days except Saturday between 16.15-16.45 hrs.
- Books will be issued only to those students who have membership in the Library.
- Students without ID card and proper uniform will not be allowed to enter the library.
- Students are not permitted to enter the library with bags and text books.
- Students have to enter the accession number, title and the name of the author in the register before getting the book issued.
- Students can avail a maximum of two books at a time.
- Students must satisfy themselves whether the books are in good condition, before they leave the library. If any damage is noticed, the same must be immediately intimated to the staff. Otherwise they will be held responsible for damages.
- A book will be issued for a maximum period of 15 days. Thereafter a fine of Rs.5 per day will be charged including holidays for non return.
- If the borrowed books have no reservation, renewals are permitted to students.
- If a book is not returned or renewed within 30 days, it will be considered that the book has been lost and a new book or its cost along with fine will be collected.
- Marking, underlining, writing or defacing the books in any form, will lead to fine.
- Students must maintain silence inside the library.